Monday, January 26, 2015

Part One: Things To Do NOW!

(This post will come in three parts!)

1. 10 Things to do NOW!
2. 10 Things to do SOON!
3. 10 Things to do EVENTUALLY!

We shall begin with things to do NOW! (Or within the year...)
Otherwise phrased as....My Goals of 2015

1. Customize/Monogram/Tag/Plate everything! I have a ridiculous amount of decals, monograms, patches, etc. and I really want to use them! i.e. on my helmet, on my car, on my brushes (which I have freshly painted), on my saddle pads, my halters, bridles, it's a long list! I just need to sit down and do it!

1 1/2. Sew ribbon onto my existing polo wraps! How fun :) I have a few sets of ribbon-trimmed wraps and LOVE them- so (or should I say sew!) why not add more to the ones I already have!

2. Get my equine business up and running! (It's a secret..but it's something everyone will love & use!) My goal is Mid Spring, 2015! So be on the lookout! ;-)

3. Take Lily to lots of shows this summer! Jumper and eventing mainly...maybe some dressage shows as well. I also want to lesson with and participate in clinics with dressage trainers! Lily could really use that work!

4. Go to the Dover Tent Sale! Cause what's a girl without her favorite shop?!?! It's just a must-do for the equestrian!

5. Build some jumps this summer! It could be so fun :) Grab some pizzas, some friends and some paint-and I'm all set! I want to do a few stadium fences as well as cross-country!

6. Go through ALL my tack. I've already sold some! (Old boots, old headstall, old breeches-CHECK!) but I still have a shitload to go through!! I need to reorganize, relabel, refresh every last piece! :) Especially the leather goods!

7. Get Lily to super-use her back-end! She was being AWESOME the other day, and we are gonna keep it up! In addition, I need to buy the book 101 Dressage Exercises for Horse and Rider. We are gonna work that booty, girlfriend! Suppling exercises here we come!

8. Improve our groundwork. I have a bunch of Natural Horsemanship loot and I'm gonna put it to use this year! We've got the trust down pat, but I'd like to see a bit more respect on the ground...oh mares! It has been getting a lot better as we work with each other, but we are a long ways from liberty!

9. Jump [and compete] above 3 feet! We've jumped that high, sure. But with flawless strides, consistent work and wonderful tempo...? Nope. So let's add that to our must-do list!

10. Finally. (Why is the last one always the toughest?!) I want to let my mare relax with a wonderful equine massage! It's a super good way to say hello to spring and un-stiffen any winter blehs! I promised for her birthday, I'd get a massage! (What a spoiled mare!)

Here we go 2015!!!

What are YOUR things to accomplish NOW?! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post idea! Sounds like so much fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Here's to motivation! ;)

      I'm just too excited for summer!

      Delete