Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ruh..roh... I skipped two weeks of The Owls Approve Blog Hop! (Week Three!!!)

TWO Yup. Somehow I forgot to ever blog about these! So I'll do 'em now!!
I'll start with the Blog Hop #3...SHINING STAR:


Shining Star
Let's talk about the biggest achievements your horse has accomplished.  I'm not talking about you as a rider - I want to know what your ponykins has done to make you proud.  Is there a glorious satin collection, did he/she figure out some dressage movement that took months to learn, or are is it just a great day when your butt stays in the saddle?  


My most proud moment? The fact my horse didn't paw a hole to China at our latest horse shows...no that's not the biggest acheivement but boy...you'd think I abused her by the way she used to HATE her stall. and I mean HATE. She would be dripping with sweat, pawing, neighing, pacing, you name it. Now the mare walks in and won't leave!!! Talk about a pain in the butt...mares.


But okay, our biggest achievement: Lily and I have been through so much together: parades, shows, trails, new barns, "Crop Tag", trying new things: i.e: polo, barrel racing, derbies, etc. There isn't a single moment where I don't think I wasn't beaming with pride at my horse. I love her and am so proud of where we have come and the work we have done together. She's simply the best and makes me so happy and proud to call her my baby :) 

I was proud when Lily and I got our first 7 on a dressage test  (...and then an 8...then several 8's and then...a 9!)

I was proud the day she became mine.

I was proud when she swam in the pond or waded through the river.

I was proud when we did our first flying changes.

I was proud when we jumped 3 feet...and then 3'6".

I have to say, one day when my younger sister (about 7 years old at the time) was leading Lily through the barn and she tripped and fell directly in front of Lily. Lily instantly stopped and bent her head down to sniff the small child in front of her, patiently waiting until my sister stood up and continued leading her. God if it had been me I'd be a pancake!! I love how I can trust my horse with things like that-- it  just made me beam :)
I remember this day feeling so, so happy and proud of Lily.
Over the last fence to win the State High School Jumper Show!

Trying new things!

Schooling some cross-country
The day she became mine!




2 comments:

  1. You two look like a great match. New reader-can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete