Thursday, January 22, 2015

Things I Hoard (In the Equine World)- You Can't Have Just One~

Hoarding things is..well easy.
Hoarding horse things is no different...except maybe it is outrageously expensive! (Most of the time, however I get insanely good deals on the things I buy- phew!)

Maybe I shouldn't call it hoarding...collecting? Saving? Assembling? I don't know..

Anyway. What do I...collect?

SADDLE PADS & POLO WRAPS (and more recently: BONNETS)
I have almost every color...and counting.
I own at least 22 saddle pads..and 12+ sets of polos, and now 6 bonnets!
My pink set. I have recently added a new pink bonnet to the collection.

One of my three navy sets...
How could I pass on that incredibly cute SANTA bonnet??


BRIDLES:
I own 8...for one horse. (I was given three of them for free).
& I'm selling one (an old western headstall I don't use) So let's say 7. Of those 7, I use 3 for show and 1 for practice. 1 I use on a pony. The western and driving ones are occasionally used when they are in demand :)
Crappy old dressage bridle in its good days

Then I have my current western headstall (with cute bling!), a driving bridle (with blinders!), a crappy old dressage bridle, an old style flat hunt bridle, a show hunter bridle, a crank dressage bridle and my Showmark figure 8 jumper bridle...sigh. The latter three are reserved for shows. (Trying to justify myself here...)
My Jumper bridle <3

HALTERS:

I have two rope halters (maybe three??) two web halters, one breakaway, a cheap leather one, and a super nice leather plated halter- that is on order! I can't wait! I also have an old pony halter from leftover from my first pony, Joe.
Cup O' Joe- my first pony!


BITS:
I use one: my Happy Mouth Dee. :)

Well, I occasionally use my Korsteel loose ring or my full-cheek for western. Otherwise I have a ton of bits I've collected, but rarely use. They're great to have around though! Plus I have a cool, older bit that was my mom's as a girl!
Lily's hunter bridle and Happy Mouth bit! 

MONOGRAMMED THINGS:

Pads, boots, trailers, helmets..anything-and everything!

BLANKETS:

Lily has sheets, winter blankets, turnouts, stable rugs, fleecy blankies, sleezies, quarter sheets, coolers, show sheets...Hey, it's cold in NH!
My favorite of her blankies :)


Horse things are like potato chips....you can't have just one!
What do YOU hoard? 

No comments:

Post a Comment