Monday, March 30, 2015

Dressage Lesson Three

Today I rode a lovely grey Oldenburg mare, Miss Ida. (She had all (PINK tack- including bridle, polos, saddle pad- and I wore my matching pink shirt) What a girl!

Ida's Quirks:
* Ida was heavy in my hands in the beginning (my right shoulder is so sore!)
* At the end, she was flexing, bending, rounding and moving off my leg!
* Very forward, wanted to canter :)
* ADORABLE.

We worked on:
* lots of lateral work!
--- shoulder-in
--- haunches-in
--- leg-yielding
* bending and rounding
* extensions across diagonal
* trot to walk transitions (and my leg not tipping forward)

Positive notes:
*My heels have greatly improved
*I got quite a workout
*I am refreshed with some lateral movements
*Her extended trot is amazing- I felt like I was flying!

Need to work on:
*not tipping my leg too far forward
*keeping my shoulders inline with my hips
*deepened seat

Lily's dressage saddle came in today. I got a Crosby Prix St. Georges, for a very good deal. It is beautiful and cannot wait to ride on it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment