Sunday, December 21, 2014

(Finally a Post!) And Owls Approve Blog Hop Two!!

It's been a little while since I've posted...oh well. Finals are done now and since then I've been home with Lily! Over this week...we rode bareback, did some dressage, some groundwork, ground driving and rode bridleless today! 

Today we rode tackless with her NEW neck rope from Reins for Rescues. Lily has apparently forgotten that she isn't supposed to be cantering quite yet...and also forgot to slow down when mom asked her. Oh well. We'll work on it ;)
We also practiced some fun tricks today! - Kisses, Bows, Stepping Up, Hugs and Pick Up Your Bucket!
Check out her ADORABLE bonnet from Bonnets By Beth! 
Lily Take a Bow!
Look at Lily's Santa ears!
Step Up!!


Blog Hop #2!!

Making of the Horse
Last week, we talked about our babies.  This week, let's talk about our greenies.  Who trained your horse?  Is your ponykins still in the process of figuring out this whole monkey-on-my-back thing, did you send off for thirty or sixty or ninety days, or did you buy a horse with all the bells and whistles?  Who has helped your horse become what he or she is today?

So Lily was born (not really- but she moved there at 6 months...) and raised at Steeldust Farm. She was broke and trained by Jennifer Elliott (my former trainer) and from there became her personal event horse. Jennifer trained with Denny Emerson and Stephanie Baer on combined training techniques. In 2008, Jennifer competed with Lily and placed ribbons in several events! (I used to have some cute pictures of young Lily training with Denny Emerson...but I seemed to have misplaced them. I'm looking for 'em!!) 

When I bought Lily, in 2010, I continued to lesson with Jennifer for a time. Jennifer switched her aspect to barrel racing and Lily and I participated for a little while. We did very much enjoy gymkhana events, but, my main focus was jumping and eventing!Therefore I felt we needed to move to be able to continue our training. 
Sometime around this time we also started participating in natural horsemanship and the Parelli program. 
Lily at Steeldust Farm 2009

In 2012, I moved Lily to Abenaki Farm and began training with my now current trainer, Sarah Bunkley. We actively participated in hunter jumper shows and took Lily to her first event! We came a long way these past two years and have loved every minute of it!! 
Riding at Abenaki Farm 2013

Lily is now living at Stagecoach Hill Farm with my trainer in Plymouth, NH.
Training at Stagecoach Hill Farm, 2013








2 comments:

  1. Your pony has some serious names in her training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! She does, I am very proud of her and very, very lucky to call her mine. <3

      Delete