Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Owls Approve Blog Hop!


A Blog Hop? Such fun! I hadn't heard of a Blog Hop until I did some cruising through various equestrian-themed blogs and stumbled across The Owls Approve Blog Hop. 
A Blog Hop is essentially: one blog writes a question (or series of questions) and invites bloggers (usually with the same interests) to post about the question! Seems simple enough!
They will be doing a weekly question all about only the greatest creature ever- THE HORSE! 
So....

Week One:

History of the Horse
Before you met, where was your horse?  Who bred him/her?  What do you know about his sire and his dam?  What do you know where he came from?  Tell me about the time before he had a trainer.

Oh Lily. I have essentially known her my entire riding career. (I began riding a little over 12 years ago- and Lily is nearly 13). She was always the horse of my dreams. And sometimes I still can't believe she is truly mine. 

---
Unfortunately, little is known about Lily's past. But I'll explain what I can. Lily's mother, Starlit Skies, or Starlit, was bought at an auction when she was eight years old (in late 2001) without her new owners aware of her apparent pregnancy. Starlit's owner took her new mare to boarding school with her and discovered she had been gaining some weight. Unbeknownst to them, Starlit was actually pregnant! (It must have been discovered at some point...either that or she was a little surprise one morning!)  One chilly winter morning (January 13th 2002) a small, somewhat sickly little chestnut filly was born. (At this time I don't have any baby-baby pictures- but am working on finding some!)
Here is Lily at about a year

This little chestnut filly became my Stargazer Lily. After Lily had been weaned, she was then given the trainer at the Farm I grew up taking riding lessons at. (Starlit's owner was also a student there). I met Lily when she was about six months old. (I don't remember her well- I was seven! But I do remember always wanting to someday ride her...she was so talented and beautiful...)
---
These are pictures of Lily's mama, Starlit Skies
An older photo of Starlit- Lily's mom
A newer photo I took, maybe in 2011- look how much whiter she is now!
You can see Starlit really turned much whiter over the years!!
Some Lily & Starlit love, 2010. <3

---
Anyways, Lily grew up on the Farm until I bought her. She was at the same Farm for about 9 years- And lived outside. (She still does-most nights) Lucky girl! 
Lily at about age 5
(And I'm not supposed to reveal her training yet...according to the blog hop question! So I'll leave it at that!!)
Lily remained at this farm until I purchased her in 2010. Then our story begins...
March 3rd, 2010- the day she became mine!


Lily shortly after we purchased her.


This blog hop is gonna be fun!!

XOXO
DJC & Lily

6 comments:

  1. I wish I had baby pictures of my mare!! So neat that you've known her most of her life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- she's a super awesome mare!!! I'm so so so lucky :)

      Delete
  2. Ahhh, killed it for your first blog hop! Welcome to the addiction. :)

    I love that you know so much about your mare's dam and I can't even imagine buying a horse and then, bam, baby. Props to them!

    Thanks for participating in the blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! And sorry about the confusion posting! I'll leave more details on the next one, so you can share the script and everything. I've been a little.. overwhelmed.. lately. :|

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! It's going to be so exciting! :) I just went onto break so I'm hoping to have some more time here to post!! And right?? I couldn't imagine it either! Crazy!!

      Delete
  3. Wow she totally became way more white over the years. That progression of photos is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete